Welcome to Project FSMR's Blog! Here we are dedicated to remaking the popular Super NES game Super Metroid in Metroid Zero Mission style. Check weekly for updates, progress and downloads.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

New Stuff

I've been doing a LOT of work on FSMR lately due to some unexpected circumstances.  Our engine programmer, AlexR, gave me his updated MZM engine.  At first I tried to combine it with my older engine but failed, so then I had to start working with that engine and change all the sprites and edit the programming.  Since it did not have the charge beam implimented yet, I had to spend a week trying to make one and failing, redoing it ,failing, and finally doing it right.  Also, we recived a new set of graphics for the beams and subscreen from a contributor on MHQ known as BPac21.  I still haven't finished putting those in the engine yet.

I've also released a test room to a couple of my cohorts on the M:FM forums.  They gave me some very good advice on things to change, plus one found a glitch (ouch).  I have fixed most of these things (if I can) and added some new things to the engine for another test in the near future.  If you are interested in beta testing, E-mail me a request at inferno343@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment