I've been doing a LOT of work on FSMR lately due to some unexpected circumstances. Our engine programmer, AlexR, gave me his updated MZM engine. At first I tried to combine it with my older engine but failed, so then I had to start working with that engine and change all the sprites and edit the programming. Since it did not have the charge beam implimented yet, I had to spend a week trying to make one and failing, redoing it ,failing, and finally doing it right. Also, we recived a new set of graphics for the beams and subscreen from a contributor on MHQ known as BPac21. I still haven't finished putting those in the engine yet.
I've also released a test room to a couple of my cohorts on the M:FM forums. They gave me some very good advice on things to change, plus one found a glitch (ouch). I have fixed most of these things (if I can) and added some new things to the engine for another test in the near future. If you are interested in beta testing, E-mail me a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.